Tuesday 29 July 2008

Track Plan

This plan from an old Model Railroader(?) was the original inspiration for my plan.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




I thought it would be a good candidate for conversion to a multi deck plan as it ran though the same space twice in most places at different levels with a lot of hidden tracks.

As it was in almost the same space I had I tried outlining a multi-deck version of it and was very pleased with the length of run I got although the curves where sharper than I would have liked and the isles narrower.

At the time I was plan to use this space for a On30 layout and the resulting plan was rejected the narrowness of some of the sections and the sub-standard gap between the levels would have made it difficult to scenic convincingly.

No comments: